skills of coordination and communi-cation. It forces us to see the
BIGGER picture and celebrate
successes (both of individuals
and of teams). Together we can
make our game plan for this winning
JWS CS4ALL School
Join JWS in Shoparoo
Please join JWS in Shoparoo. Help JWS raise funds by shopping anywhere and scanning your receipts into the shoparoo app for Roo Bucks and Raffles or send receipts to Mrs. Chacon (room 209) and I will scan them in for you. Instructions
* Download the Shoparoo app
* Sign up with our school
* Use the code maf17620 for extra Roo $
* Scan receipts in as you shop
* See how you rank on the School Leaders list.
* Watch our funds grow
Top 5 Shoparoo School Leaders
LEGO Master 1,931
Megan Huang 1,210
Joyce Hui 1,195
Don Don 915
Cathy Chacon 718
* There will be a winner every month.
* If you win then you are not eligible to win again until the following January. This gives other people a chance to win
* Please only register in one name...so that no one wins more than once a year.
* We will be going from January to January.
* Keep scanning even if you won already...it gives our school funds :)
January - Ms. Moy (Legomaster)
To learn about Parent Portal please watch this video
Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti
Random Acts of Kindness Week the 12th - 16th. See this flyer for details.
Gung Hay Fat Choy
Happy Chinese New Year
Year of the Dog
Attached please find a letter that informs parents about the application process for current prekindergarten students and students who have a sibling currently enrolled at your school.
Mrs. Anderson read to Pre-Kindergarten through 1st grade. Lots of great questions were asked and students did activities along with their stories.
The 7th and 8th grade team hosted our 2nd Annual James Ward Alumni High School Fair on Thursday, November 16th. 31 graduates of James Ward School representing 13 CPS High Schools met with our 7th and 8th grade students to share their experiences and answer questions for our students. As our 8th graders are preparing to apply to high school, this was a wonderful event to bring our former and current students together.
The fourth grade Choir went to sing holiday songs for the senior group at Armour Square Park. The seniors were very appreciative of the students coming to sing for them.
Our NJHS students painted a holiday tree to represent our school in the IIT Chinatown Festival of Trees (in collaboration with CBCAC).