JWS Behavioral Health Team Information
James Ward BHT
- Our BHT Members:
- BHT Lead- Ms. Czochara- School Counselor, LCPC
- Dr. Glenda Smith - School Psychologist
- Mr.Michael Neary- Speech Pathologist
- Ms. Samantha Steiber- School Social Worker
- Ms.Joycie McCoy- School Nurse
- Ms.Susan Healy- Case Manager
- Ms.Marta Escude Jesus- Diverse Learner Teacher
- Ms.July Miranda Gonzalez- Diverse Learner Teacher
- Build a Tier II/III teaming structure through a multi-tiered systems of support model (MTSS) to initiate the problem-solving process for students with social, emotional, and behavioral concerns
- Build on capacity and address needs of the individual school
- Engage in collaborative problem solving process with multi-disciplinary team of school and community-based professionals
- Screen students’ for social and emotional strengths and needs through standardized screening tools and match to an appropriate intervention(s)
- Provides evidence-based interventions that address students’ social, emotional, and behavioral needs.
- Collect, interpret, and report on social, emotional and behavioral data to improve quality of services and engage in continual progress monitoring to evaluate effectiveness of interventions.
- Establish partnerships with community mental health and/or restorative practice coaches to support in the promotion of SEL and/or mental health delivery.
- Develops a system of accountability to ensure follow-through with service delivery.
- Builds on and maximizes existing resources.
James Ward School
Behavioral Health Interventions
Community Social-Emotional Support Providers
Asian Human Health Services (AHS)
Contact: Cathryn Savino
Address: 4753 N. Broadway #700, Chicago, IL 60640-4995
Phone: (773) 293-8430
24-hour Crisis Support Hotline: (773) 293-8488
Midwest Asian Health Association (MAHA)
Contact: Melissa Wee
Address: 230 W. Cermak Rd. 2nd Fl., Chicago, IL 60616
Phone: (312) 225-8659 (English)
(312) 225-6806 (Chinese)
Address: 1200 W. 35th Street, Suite 5B220, Chicago, IL 60609
Phone: (872) 401-6041